Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Be like Peter. But only sorta.

Oswald's thought this morning was: What does it mean to walk with Jesus? (from the context of John 6:66-70)
To Peter, it meant Jesus offered salvation - "words of life."
But Oswald says it means a constant "certainty that I do not know."
Peter was almost right, but he talked too much - he should have stopped with, "Lord, to whom shall we go?"


I would be far better off remembering my own temporality.


Dave and I were talking about this last night with a friend: the best way of living is keeping a loose grip on things. Know that we are brief, know that we are not in control and the things we have are gifts. And in that mindset, do not grasp them too firmly - be open to letting go.


I once heard someone say, "It's only when you have empty, open hands that you can be given gifts."

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend!! I am so excited that you are blogging! I will be praying for your hubby's job and the direction that God wants to take you is CLEAR. We have a blog: www.edinfamily.blogspot.com Love you! So excited to read and catch up on your life! :) Love, Leigha

    ReplyDelete